Monday, January 14, 2013

Tri Gulp


I signed up for a triathlon.  Me.  I told will 9 years ago I'd do one eventually.   Well, this is the inaugural Rocketman Triathlon where you bike through KSC between all the launch pads.  That's apparently what it takes.  We signed up way back in Sept.  At that time I could do a 16 mi bike with no prep and survive.  Slowly and without much energy left, but I could do it.  I was running about 20 min, not without walking, but I was doing it.  Plus he asked me after I had been drinking from a sailing party.  So, I agreed.  

I finally began to train for reals this year.  Unfortunately, I also aggravated my lingering hip issue with the long, hard snowplows I used skiing down the hills that were too big for me.  I did run on a treadmill in Boulder, at altitude, before we went skiing.  It was only 1/9 that I was able to run again.  

I have been trying to squeeze in my usual activities and tri training.  I dunno where the time will come from.  I go sailing at least once a weekend.  That takes usually from 10 am - 5 pm.  A horse back ride takes a good 4 hours, most of which must be daylight.  A bike ride takes 1.5 - 2 hours that has to be in daylight but not even too much towards dusk. I need to run twice a week but I can do that in the dark.  A swim takes a bit since it also involves getting wet.  I need to incorporate yoga and zumba to really help protect and strengthen my hip as well as the hip exercises.   

The biggest thing is just scheduling how in the world I'm going to fit all this in.  I've been on a few bike rides and a couple swims.  It's not so bad to do the actual training.  Is that there then isn't time to oh, eat, do laundry, clean up the house, just sit and watch tv and pet the kitties.  So, that's the big thing.  I get so anxious just trying to figure out how to fit it all in.  I think I get it figured and then *bam* something else comes up and makes me alter my plan.  

I hope once I get settled into a routine of doing something pretty much every day, it will get easier to schedule and therefore less hectic in my head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment